After a car accident, people often suffer aches and pains for days and weeks. They continually reach for the OTC pain reliever, thinking it is the only way to get relief. But as days wear on, and the pain isn’t going away, it may be time to consider another option.
Chiropractic care is a holistic and natural approach to many of the injuries commonly suffered in a car accident. In fact, seeking care immediately following an accident – even if you do not feel symptoms right away – is one of the best ways to prevent long term injury and discomfort.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Reduce Inflammation: When someone is in a car accident, the impact may cause micro-tears in the ligaments and muscles. Often people experience severe pain after an accident, but are baffled as to why, because the x-rays looked normal. (Micro-tears cannot typically be seen on an X-ray.) The spinal manipulation which a doctor of chiropractic performs realigns the spinal cord, allowing your body to release an anti-inflammatory which will reduce inflammation caused by these injuries, as well as relieve pain.
- Enjoy Non-Invasive Care: After a car accident, seeking immediate chiropractic care to realign the spine and joints will not only relieve your pain, but may promote enough healing to avoid later surgeries. As chiropractic treatments are non-invasive, avoiding surgery would be a powerful benefit.
- Reduce Scar Tissue: After an injury, scar tissue often forms on the injured muscles. Scar tissue will cause stiffness and makes life very uncomfortable for a patient. A chiropractor can target these areas and break up the scar tissue, providing relief and faster healing.
- Relief Without Medication: Pain relief medications only mask the symptoms of injury. They do not heal damage done to your body. In fact, some prescription pain medications are highly addictive and could cause even greater issues. But even over the counter medications can cause health issues for some. Chiropractic care provides pain relief without having to resort to any type of medication.
- Get Overall Relief: Spinal manipulations and adjustments will not only reduce the pain from the car crash injury, but the pain-reducing hormone that is released during these treatments will help with any minor ache or pain you may be experiencing, whatever the cause.
- Avoid Long Term Issues and Pain: The typical injuries sustained after even a minor car accident can become much more serious if left untreated over a long period of time. For instance, whiplash can typically be healed in a couple or weeks with chiropractic care, but may linger for years if not addressed. Over time, the physical and emotional pain of chronic pain can take its toll.
- Restores Normal Range of Motion: The inflammation which occurs after many neck or back injuries causes more problems than the injury itself. The inflammation blocks your blood, carrying nutrients your body needs to heal, from reaching the injury. This makes it difficult to move normally. A spinal adjustment mobilizes your spine, restoring range of motion and allowing a faster healing process to take place.
An added benefit of seeking immediate chiropractic treatment is that you will have the diagnosis and treatment records you’ll need to successfully file an insurance claim.
At West Coast Wellness, we specialize in the treatment of car accident injuries. If you have been in a car accident, no matter how minor, your body may have suffered trauma which can cause pain and discomfort. Don’t suffer a day longer than you need to – call West Coast Wellness today.
Welcome to West Coast Wellness we offer services such as Auto Injury, Neuropathy, Back Pain, Knee Pain, Whiplash, Pinched Nerve, Ringing in Ears, Why Chiropractic Care?, Shoulder Pain, Neck Pain, Headaches, Spinal Disc Restoration, Electromedicine, Herniated Disc Treatment, Degenerative Disc Disease
Read more of our blogs.